New SCA UoM Book
The following books are new to the SCA library
· The Quantification of Asbestos in Soil (2017) Draft
· The preparation and pre-treatment of potentially contaminated soils and associated materials (2015)
· The determination of N-nitrosodimethylamine in drinking waters (2014)
The following books are replacements in the SCA library
· MoDW (2014) Part 11 The Determination of Taste and Odour in Drinking Water (replaces current Part 11)
· The Microbiology of Water and Associated Materials (2017) Practices and Procedures for Laboratories (replaces current Part 13)
The Standing Committee of Analysts (SCA) exists to provide authoritative guidance on methods of sampling and analysis of waters and effluents, sewage sludges, sediments, soils (including contaminated land) and biota. Where appropriate, guidance on the sampling and analysis of air will also be produced. The primary duty of SCA will be to develop and publish recommended analytical methods. This will not include the provision of advice on, or interpretation of results. All methods published by the SCA should be capable of satisfying a regulatory demand, be fit for purpose and represent best practice within the United Kingdom (UK).
However, validation data published with methods represents performance under a particular set of circumstances and is provided for illustrative purposes only. It is incumbent on users of SCA methods to assess performance on their equipment, in their laboratories, with their personnel.